How to Apply to be a Student Athletic Trainer
Student Athletic Training Interns assist in the Athletic Training Program's mission to prevent and care for athletic injuries incurred by the intercollegiate student-athlete. Applications for the UC Davis Athletic Training Internship program are available in the late winter and early spring quarters. Your application consists of your letter of intent (delineated below), 2 letters of recommendation, 15 hours of observation, and an interview. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and see the day-to-day operations (taping, rehabilitation, practice coverage, etc) during the observation and interview sessions. Each applicant should attempt to spend time at both facilities, and also include a weekend event. Listed below are detailed application requirements.
1. This Application page should be returned with your Letter of Intent. Return either in person or by mail to:
ATHLETIC TRAINING ROOM
DEPARTMENT OF INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
DAVIS, CALIFORNIA 95616
2. Letter of Intent - DUE as soon as possible, but no later than the deadline to begin your 15 hours of observation. Please address the following:
- Who are you
- Why are you interested in the internship
- How this position fits into your academic/career plans
3. Signed Delcaration/Confidentiality Statement, turned in before Observation Hours may begin.
4. Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Former employers, supervisors
- Highlight work ethic, responsibility, cooperation with others and job integrity
5. Observation of 15 hours minimum in the athletic training facilities. You must submit your Letter of Intent prior to beginning your observation time.
6. Observation Hours Comments
For more information please call the UC Davis Dick Lewis Athletic Training Room at Hickey Gym: (530) 752-0647.
Download Application (PDF)