Jan. 10, 2014
LOS ANGELES -- UC Davis sophomore Lucy Lafranchise was 14th while classmate Audrey DeNeffe finished 18th in the finals of the 1-meter to wrap up day one of competition at the Bruin Diving Invitational hosted by UCLA at the Spieker Aquatics Center on Friday afternoon.
Lafranchise was 12th after the preliminary round with a score of 226.70, and nearly matched her score with her final six dives, finishing with a total of 445.75. DeNeffe, who was 18th after the preliminary dives with a score of 217.80, finished Friday's competition with a total of 420.65.
Haley Ishimatsu of USC won the event with a total of 590.90.
Other Aggie competitors included junior Shannon Stewart, who finished 20th in the preliminary round with a score of 215.60, senior Jen Meyer in 23rd with a prelim score of 203.60, and senior Lauren Jesse, who was 29th with a score of 191.65.
The competition continues on Saturday (Jan. 11) at 11 a.m. with the women's 3-meter preliminaries and finals.
BRUIN DIVING INVITATIONAL
Day One - Jan. 10, 2014
Finals (Top 5 plus UC Davis finishers)
1. Haley Ishimatsu (USC) - 590.90
2. Anne Kastler (California) - 546.80
3. Kersten Merry (Utah) - 545.35
4. Paulina Guzman (UCLA) - 538.25
5. Annika Lenz (UCLA) - 525.35
14. Lucy Lafranchise (UC Davis) - 445.75
18. Audrey DeNeffe (UC Davis) - 420.65
Preliminaries (Top 5 plus UC Davis finishers)
1. Haley Ishimatsu (USC) - 291.10
2. Kersten Merry (Utah) - 273.65
3. Paulina Guzman (UCLA) - 270.15
4. Anne Kastler (California) - 264.70
5. Amanda Casillas (Utah) - 257.75
12. Lucy Lafranchise (UC Davis) - 226.70
18. Audrey DeNeffe (UC Davis) - 217.80
20. Shannon Stewart (UC Davis) - 215.60
23. Jennifer Meyer (UC Davis) - 203.60
29. Lauren Jesse (UC Davis) - 191.65