Jan. 11, 2014
LOS ANGELES -- UC Davis junior Shannon Stewart scored a 203.85 during the prelims to finish in 28th and pace the Aggies during the 3-meter competition on day two of the Bruin Diving Invitational hosted by UCLA at the Spieker Aquatics Center on Saturday afternoon.
Sophomores Audrey DeNeffe and Lucy Lafranchise, who each made the finals in Friday's 1-meter competition, finished 31st and 33rd, respectively with scores of 199.95 and 197.25. Seniors Jennifer Meyer in 35th (193.25) and Lauren Jesse in 39th (179.90) rounded out the UC Davis contingent.
USC's Haley Ishimatsu, who won the 1-meter portion of the competition on Friday, emerged as the 3-meter champion on Saturday with a final score of 630.95.
The competition concludes on Sunday morning (Jan. 12) on the platform beginning at 9:30 a.m.
BRUIN DIVING INVITATIONAL
Day Two - Jan. 11, 2014
Finals (Top 5)
1. Haley Ishimatsu (USC) - 630.95
2. Ciera Cortney (Boise State) - 587.05
3. Hannah Prigge (Fresno State) - 581.30
4. Kersten Merry (Utah) - 570.80
5. Samantha Adams (USC) - 566.25
Preliminaries (Top 5 plus UC Davis finishers)
1. Haley Ishimatsu (USC) - 307.25
2. Ciera Cortney (Boise State) - 301.15
3. Kersten Merry (Utah) - 299.55
4. Annika Lenz (UCLA) - 293.30
5. Paulina Guzman (UCLA) - 291.05
28. Shannon Stewart (UC Davis) - 203.85
31. Audrey DeNeffe (UC Davis) - 199.95
33. Lucy Lafranchise (UC Davis) - 197.25
35. Jen Meyer (UC Davis) - 193.25
39. Lauren Jesse (UC Davis) - 179.90