Jan. 12, 2014
LOS ANGELES - UC Davis sophomore Audrey DeNeffe finished 12th on the platform with a total of 387.20, pacing the Aggies' efforts on the final day of the Bruin Diving Invitational hosted by UCLA at the Spieker Aquatics Center on Sunday morning in Los Angeles.
DeNeffe, who made her second final of the weekend after finishing 18th in the finals of the 1-meter, finished 13th during the preliminary round with a score of 199.25 -- her second-highest score of the season behind only her school record 210.65 set at the Mizzou Invitational back on Nov. 23. Her 187.95 over her final six dives is also the third-highest score in the event by an Aggie in 2013-14.
Sophomore Lucy Lafranchise, who finished 14th in the finals of the 1-meter on Friday, finished 23rd in the platform prelims with a score of 162.60. Senior Jen Meyer finished 27th in the preliminary round with a season-high score of 149.15, while senior Lauren Jesse (29th, 145.90) and junior Shannon Stewart (33rd, 138.55) rounded out the UC Davis contingent.
USC's Haley Ishimatsu completed the sweep of all three diving events over the weekend by winning the platform with a score of 650.45.
BRUIN DIVING INVITATIONAL
Day Three - Jan. 12, 2014
Finals (Top 5 plus UC Davis finishers)
1. Haley Ishimatsu (USC) - 650.45
2. Annika Lenz (UCLA) - 556.30
3. Samantha Adams (USC) - 514.35
4. Kersten Merry (Utah) - 496.95
5. Anne Kastler (California) - 445.95
12. Audrey DeNeffe (UC Davis) - 387.20
Preliminaries (Top 5 plus UC Davis finishers)
1. Haley Ishimatsu (USC) - 326.95
2. Hannah Prigge (Fresno State) - 275.75
3. Annika Lenz (UCLA) - 271.45
4. Kersten Merry (Utah) - 236.30
5. Natalie Kalibat (USC) - 233.30
13. Audrey DeNeffe (UC Davis) - 199.25
23. Lucy Lafranchise (UC Davis) - 162.60
27. Jen Meyer (UC Davis) - 149.15
29. Lauren Jesse (UC Davis) - 145.90
33. Shannon Stewart (UC Davis) - 138.55