LOS ANGELES — UC Davis junior Jessica Fernandez finished 35th in the preliminary round of the 1-meter board program on Friday to close out day one at the Bruin Diving Invitational hosted by UCLA at the Spieker Aquatics Center in Los Angeles.
Following close behind Fernandez was freshman Katie Truong who finished 40th in the prelims with a score of 203.45, followed by Angelina Proshak in 45th (196.70), Inessa Toropov in 50th (179.35), Amanda Chau in 52nd (172.95) and Alisha Miller in 55th (141.45).
UCLA’s Eloise Belanger, who finished first the prelims, also took home top honors as the individual champion with a total score of 636 points on the day, scoring 324.30 points in the final round.
Competition continues on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. with the women’s 3-meter prelims.
BRUIN DIVING INVITATIONAL
Day One - Jan. 12, 2018
1. Eloise Belanger (UCLA) - 636.00
2. Kassidy Cook (Stanford) - 584.40
3. Haley Farnsworth (Stanford) - 568.35
4. Alexandra Caplan (San Diego State) - 566.20
5. Phoebe Lamay (California) - 565.40
Preliminaries (Top 5 plus UC Davis finishers)
1. Eloise Belanger (UCLA) - 311.70
2. Kassidy Cook (Stanford) - 289.10
3. Tatiana Kurach (Northern Arizona) - 287.45
4. Haley Farnsworth (Stanford) - 281.30
5. Phoebe Lamay (California) - 279.30
35. Jessica Fernandez (UC Davis) - 208.20
40. Katie Truong (UC Davis) - 203.45
45. Angelina Proshak (UC Davis) - 196.70
50. Inessa Toropov (UC Davis) - 179.35
52. Amanda Chau (UC Davis) - 172.95
55. Alisha Miller (UC Davis) - 141.45
- #GoAgs -