Feb. 7, 2004
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific Tigers men's tennis team captured its first win of the 2004 season by sweeping the doubles matches and four of the six singles matches for a 5-2 win over UC Davis Saturday at the Tigers tennis complex.
With the loss the Aggies fall to 1-3 on the season, all coming against Division I opponents. Pacific moves to 1-2 on the season.
Pacific gained their first point by sweeping the doubles matches 3-0. The team of Jason Hall and Lennart Maack clinched the point in doubles play with a 8-1 win over Michael Chin and Bastian Bartels at No.3.
In singles play, the Aggies earned their only two points of the match as Bartels defeated Alan Kelly, 6-4, 6-1 at No.5. Junior Ross Barash earned the other point, defeating Robert Price, 6-4, 6-2, at No.6.
The Tigers won the four singles matches at the top of the lineup. Maack picked up his second win of the match at No.1, 6-1, 6-0, over Chin, while Vladimir Zdravkovic defeated Robert Wong, 6-0, 6-2, at No.2. Niclas Otte earned a 6-0, 6-2 win over Jayce Fitch at No.3 and Tyler Black defeated Casey McMakin at No.4.
UC Davis will next be in action this Sunday when it hosts Sonoma State at Hickey Courts. Matchtime is set for 1 p.m.
UC DAVIS MEN'S TENNIS
Pacific 5 def. UC Davis 2
February 7, 2004
1. Zdravkovic/Otte (PAC) def. Barasch/Kyle Trinosky (UCD), 8-4
2. Black/Kelly (PAC) def. C. McMakin/Kyle McMakin (UCD), 8-5
3. Maack /Jason Hall (PAC) def. Chin/Bartels (UCD), 8-1
1. Lennart Maack (PAC) def. Michael Chin (UCD), 6-1, 6-0
2. Vladimir Zdravkovic (PAC) def. Robert Wong (UCD), 6-0, 6-2
3. Niclas Otte (PAC) def. Jayce Fitch (UCD), 6-1, 6-3
4. Tyler Black (PAC) def. Casey McMakin (UCD), 6-1, 6-3
5. Bastian Bartels (UCD) def. Alan Kelly (PAC), 6-4, 6-1
6. Ross Barasch (UCD) def. Robert Price (PAC), 6-4, 6-2
Two Aggie teams advance to round of 32 on day one
Men's tennis bested by Boise State
Doubles Tourney and Boise State dual awaits Aggies
Aggie tandem bests No. 27-ranked Stanford pair in dual
Men's tennis prepares to face
No. 2 Stanford
Thamma earns Big West
Athlete of the Week honors