Feb. 15, 2013
ALAMEDA, Calif. - Kyle Miller and Brett Bacharach earned victories in their respective singles matches at the Harbor Bay Club in Friday's non-conference match against San Francisco, earning the only points for a UC Davis squad that fell 5-2 to the host Dons.
San Francisco in now 3-2 this season, UC Davis falls to 4-4 with the result.
The Aggies opened their day by capturing one doubles match, falling just shy of earning the available point.
San Francisco narrowly escaped with wins in the other two doubles contests, defeating UC Davis by that same score in one doubles match, with a solitary service break providing the difference in the other.
In the round of singles matches, Miller recorded his sixth victory out of his last seven matches by defeating William Schumacher 6-4, 6-2, earning one of the Aggies' two points on the day in the process.
Bacharach outlasted Rich Van Hout in a three-set nailbiter that also finished in the Aggies' favor by a 6-3, 6-7, 10-8 score. By outlasting Van Hout, Bacharach picked up his fifth singles victory of the season.
UC Davis will return to action on Sunday, Feb. 17, in a 12 p.m. non-conference match at Saint Mary's.
UC Davis vs. San Francisco
Feb. 15, 2013 at Alameda, Calif.
(Harbor Bay Club)
San Francisco 5, UC Davis 2
1. Toki Sherbakov/Adam Levie (UCD) def. Thai Tu/William Schumacher (USF) 8-7
2. Nils Skajaa/Bernardo Saraiva (USF) def. Parker Kelley/Alec Haley (UCD) 8-5
3. Richard Bucalem/Jonathon Knowlman (USF) def. George Horowitz/Brett Bacharach (UCD) 8-7
1. Thai Tu (USF) def. Toki Sherbakov (UCD) 6-2, 7-5
2. Kyle Miller (UCD) def. William Schumacher (USF) 6-4, 6-2
3. Bernardo Saraiva (USF) def. Parker Kelley (UCD) 6-2, 6-4
4. Brett Bacharach (UCD) def. Rich Van Hout (USF) 6-3, 6-7, 10-8
5. Nils Skajaa (USF) def. George Horowitz (UCD) 7-6, 6-3
6. Germain Bahri (USF) def. Hugo Verdi-Fortin (UCD) 6-4, 6-1
Match Notes: UC Davis 4-4, San Francisco 3-2