Toki Sherbakov earned a win in his only match of the day as part of UC Davis' No. 1 doubles team.
March 9, 2013
DAVIS, Calif. - UC Davis started its five-match homestead with wins in all three doubles matches in Saturday afternoon's non-conference match at the Marya Welch Tennis Center, but Nevada responded by taking five of six singles contests to defeat UC Davis 5-2.
The Aggies fall to 6-7 with the loss with Nevada improving to 7-4.
Saturday's non-conference match started well for the Aggies, with Toki Sherbakov and Adam Levie defeating Nevada's top doubles pair in Victor Ouvrard and Robert Allan 9-8.
Also earning a doubles triumph by the exact same score, Kyle Miller and Adam Luba helped UC Davis earn the doubles point by downing Philip Hinojosa and Quentin Mege at the No. 2 position.
Completing the UC Davis doubles sweep were George Horowitz and Brett Bacharach, earning their win by breaking Fernando Sunago and Andrew Postie's serve to hold on for an 8-6 victory.
Kyle Miller, the Aggie's No. 1 singles player on the day, was the only one to record a victory, defeating Ouvrard one again in straight-set fashion 7-6, 6-3.
UC Davis will continue its current homestead against UT Arlington on Sunday, March 10, in a 12 p.m. non-conference match at the Mayra Welch Tennis Center.
Nevada 5, UC Davis 2
Mar 9, 2013, at Davis, Calif.
(Marya Welch Tennis Center)
1. Toki Sherbakov/Adam Levie (UCD) def. Victor Ouvrard/Robert Allan (NEV) 9-8
2. Kyle Miller/Adam Luba (UCD) def. Philip Hinojosa/Quentin Mege (NEV) 9-8
3. George Horowitz/Brett Bacharach (UCD) def. Fernando Sunago/Andrew Poustie (NEV) 8-6
1. Kyle Miller (UCD) def. Victor Ouvrard (NEV) 7-6, 6-3
4. Andrew Poustie (NEV) def. Adam Luba (UCD) 6-4, 6-1