April 12, 2003
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. - Senior Greg Lee captured a straight-set victory at No.1 singles but that would be all the scoring for UC Davis as Cal Poly defeated UC Davis 6-1 in a non-conference men's tennis match Saturday at the the Avila Bay Club.
The day began with doubles and Cal Poly captured two of three matches to take the opening doubles point. Lee and Paul Dilloway defeated Brett Van Linge and Greg Levy, 8-6, for the victory at No.1. But the Mustangs won at No.'s 2 and 3 for the 1-0 lead heading into singles.
In singles, the Mustangs won at No. 2 through No. 6 singles, all in straight sets. The only point for UC Davis came from Lee, who defeated Stacy Meronoff, 6-4, 6-1, improving his season record to 23-5, including a 14-3 mark against Division I opponents.
UC Davis will next be in action against Westmont College on Sunday in San Luis Obispo.
UC Davis Men's Tennis
Cal Poly 6 def. UC Davis 1
April 12, 2003
at San Luis Obispo, Calif.
1. Dilloway/Lee (UCD) def. Van Linge/Levy (CP), 8-6
2. Garrett Leight/Jones (CP) def. Trinosky/Barasch (UCD), 8-6
3. Adrian Mardyks/Scott Sans-Leeb (CP) def. Roberts/Holmes (UCD), 8-4
1. Greg Lee (UCD) def. Stacy Meronoff (CP), 6-4, 6-1
2. Nick Tracy (CP) def. Paul Dilloway (UCD), 6-2, 6-3
3. Brett Van Linge (CP) def. Blake Roberts (UCD), 6-4, 6-2
4. Davey Jones (CP) def. Kyle Trinosky (UCD), 7-6, 6-0
5. Travis Crawford (CP) def. Ross Barasch (UCD), 6-2, 6-2
6. Greg Levy (CP) def. Eric Holmes (UCD), 7-6, 6-4
Men's Tennis edged by Sacramento State
Aggies prepare for three road matches
Men's Tennis edged by Brown
UC Davis welcomes Brown to campus
Aggies fall to Hawai'i in conference match
Aggies head to Hawai'i
for conference matchup