April 13, 2013
DAVIS, Calif. - The UC Davis men's tennis team took three singles matches but lost, 4-3, to UC Santa Barbara in a Big West Conference match on Saturday afternoon at the Marya Welch Tennis Center.
The Aggies (6-11, 0-4 Big West) were playing in their final home match of the 2013 season, and nearly rallied back to defeat the Gauchos (9-10, 2-1)
After losing the doubles point, UCSB won at No. 1 and No. 5 singles in straight sets to take a 3-0 lead.
UC Davis got a straight sets win from Brett Bacharach, 6-4, 6-4, at No. 4 for its first point of the match. The Aggies won two more matches in three sets but lost in three sets at No. 2 as the Gauchos clinched the match.
UC Davis men's tennis will host an alumni match at 10 a.m. tomorrow at the Marya Welch Tennis Center.
Tennis Match Results
UC Santa Barbara vs UC Davis
Apr 13, 2013 at Davis, Calif.
(Marya Welch Tennis Center)
UC Santa Barbara 4, UC Davis 3
1. Mbonisi Ndimande (UCSB) def. Toki Sherbakov (UCD) 6-4, 7-5
2. Axel Bouillin (UCSB) def. Kyle Miller (UCD) 3-6, 6-4, 6-1
3. Parker Kelley (UCD) def. Ziad Sultan (UCSB) 5-7, 7-6, 6-0
4. Brett Bacharach (UCD) def. Alexander Gryaznov (UCSB) 6-4, 6-4
5. Andrew Riminton (UCSB) def. Hugo Verdi-Fortin (UCD) 6-3, 7-6
6. George Horowitz (UCD) def. Jacob Johnson (UCSB) 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
1. Mbonisi Ndimande/Ziad Sultan (UCSB) def. Toki Sherbakov/Adam Levie (UCD) 8-6
2. Kyle Miller/Adam Luba (UCD) def. Axel Bouillin/Alexander Gryaznov (UCSB) 8-2
3. Andrew Riminton/Miles Seemann (UCSB) def. George Horowitz/Brett Bacharach (UCD) 8-5
UC Santa Barbara 9-10, 2-1 Big West
UC Davis 6-11, 0-4 Big West
Aggies add Tulane transfer for 2017-18
Four teams earn
NCAA Public Recognition Awards