• F Sydnee Fipps was named to the All-Big West first team on Monday, the second UC Davis sophomore to earn the distinction, and marking the sixth straight year the Aggies have had a first-teamer.
• Jennifer Gross is in her second season as head coach of the UC Davis women's basketball team after leading the Aggies to their third consecutive postseason appearance in 2011-12... In her first year at the helm of the program, the Aggies saw several milestones including Kasey Riecks' 1,000th career point, and Samantha Meggison and Hannah Stephens' selections to the All-Big West Conference team.
• Jason Flowers is in his third year with Cal State Northridge and has brought good fortunes to the Matadors in his brief tenure there... He was the 2011-12 Big West Coach of the Year last season after leading Northridge to a 17-14 record and an 11-5 mark in the league... He previously coached at UC Riverside before taking over the Matadors' program... Northridge advanced to the WNIT last season.
• Tuesday's game, and any subsequent Big West Tournament games, will be broadcast on KDVS 90.3 FM with Ben Taylor and Greg Cotta on the call.
• An internet simulcast will also be available on ucdavisaggies.com via Game Central by Stretch Internet.
• A free live video stream will be available for via bigwest.tv or ucdavisaggies.com.
• Live stats will also be available via www.ucdavisaggies.com.
• Fans can track the action, including in-game updates, photos, video clips and more via Twitter by following @UCDavisAggies.
SCOUTING CAL STATE NORTHRIDGE
• The Matadors bring one of the Big West's top defenses to the conference tournament, ranking third in points allowed (59.8), second in field goal percentage defense (.368), and first in blocked shots (4.3) and steals (11.3).
• They're also good on the boards, averaging 40.6 rpg, second-best in the Big West but are giving up 41.5.
• Northridge is shooting 36.1 percent from the floor, sixth in the Big West, while their 62.1 percent from the free throw line is 10th.
• G Ashlee Guay is fifth in the league in scoring (13.4), ninth in field goal percentage (.429), third in assists (4.0) and first in steals (3.0)... She's also made a pair of last-second game-winning layups, including one to beat UC Davis 51-49 on Feb. 16.
• Marta Masoni is second on the team- and seventh in the league - in scoring (12.4) and has canned 65 three-pointers... She's second in the Big West in three-point percentage (.385) and first in three-pointers made (2.8).
• UC Davis upended Cal State Northridge 61-46 on Hamilton Court on Jan. 17 but the Matadors evened the season series with an exciting 51-49 win at The Matadome on Feb. 16... G Ashlee Guay had a game-high tying 15 points in the latter matchup but none bigger than her coast-to-coast layup with 4.6 seconds remaining that lifted the Matadors to the two-point win... C Alyson Doherty had 15 for UC Davis.
• The Aggies lead the all-time series 15-12 but have lost the last three after winning five straight... As mentioned earlier, UC Davis lost the only Big West Tournament matchup between the teams in 2008.
DIVISION I POSTSEASON HISTORY
• UC Davis has advanced in the postseason beyond the Big West Tournament four times in six years... The Aggies won the tournament title and advanced to the NCAA Tournament in 2011 (losing to Stanford) while moving to the Women's National Invitational Tournament in 2008, 2010 and 2012.
• UC Davis is 0-3 in the WNIT, its most notable loss coming in 2010 when Cal survived to beat the Aggies in overtime, 74-69... The Golden Bears went on to win the WNIT title.
BIG WEST TOURNAMENT HISTORY (5-4 ALL-TIME)
2012 Big West Conference 1st Round - Lost vs. Pacific, 51-59
2011 Big West Conference Final - Won vs. Cal Poly, 66-49
Big West Conference Semifinal - Won vs. UC Riverside, 66-49
Big West Conference 1st Round - Won vs. UC Irvine, 72-45
2010 Big West Conference Final - Lost vs. UC Riverside, 67-71
Big West Conference Semifinal - Won vs. UC Santa Barbara, 63-53
2009 Big West Conference 1st Round - Lost vs. CS Northridge, 56-64
2008 Big West Conference Final - Lost vs. UC Santa Barbara, 59-74
Big West Conference Semifinal - Won vs. UC Riverside, 63-53
ALL-BIG WEST HONORS
• G Sydnee Fipps was named to the All-Big West first team on Monday... As noted earlier, she is the second Aggie sophomore to earn the honor in its brief Big West history... P Paige Mintun was the other, going on to capture three straight first-team certificates.
FIPPS HAS THE ROARING `20's
• Sydnee Fipps scored 27 points against UC Riverside in late February, just two points off her career-high of 28 scored earlier against Long Beach State... It's the seventh time this season she's scored at least 22 points and gave her six straight games in double figures, a streak that now stands at nine games.
LETTING THEM FLY
• Cortney French is one of the most dangerous long-range shooters in the Big West, having canned 60 treys this season... She has 17 more than any other Aggie and has now made 171 for her career... French has made as many as six in game twice, most recently against UC Irvine on Feb. 2.
YOUTH DOMINATES ROSTER
• UC Davis has a roster made up predominantly of underclassmen... The roster consists of five freshmen, one redshirt freshman and two sophomores... Three juniors are complemented by two seniors in Blair Shinoda and Cortney French... Of the 10 "active" players, five are true freshmen.
COMEBACK DOWN THE STRETCH
• UC Davis scored a crucial road win at UC Irvine last week after trailing 43-34 with five minutes remaining... Sydnee Fipps started a 13-0 Aggie run over the remainder of the game, posting a 47-43 come-from-behind win... Fipps had four consecutive three-pointers in the second half for UC Davis, finishing with five overall... She scored 19 points in the win.
BIG WEST PLAYER OF THE WEEK ACCOLADES
• Sydnee Fipps was named the Big West Player of the Week on Monday after averaging 18.0 ppg. in the Aggies' two games last weekend... She made a career-high five three-pointers at UC Irvine and scored 19 points and then made four more and finished with 17 points at Long Beach State two weeks later... She averaged 6.5 rpg.
• Cortney French earned the Big West Player of the Week honor on Nov. 26 after leading UC Davis to the Husky Classic Tournament championship... She scored a then career-high 23 points against Navy and then added 16 against Houston Baptist... She was named the tournament's MVP.