SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — The UC Davis women’s tennis team adds a 4-1 match victory to their season wins after meeting on the courts with San Francisco’s team at the Olympic Club center on Saturday afternoon.
The Aggies are now 7-1 overall going into their next dual match.
UC Davis started off the dual with a win by tandem Lani-Rae Green and Kristina Breisacher over San Francisco’s Shanna Dos Santos and Margarita Treyes, 6-4, but the Dons pushed through to score a doubles match win at the No. 1 position. The Aggies went on to break the tie by eventually sealing the doubles point, thanks to the clutch performance by partners Nikita Pradeep and Sara Tsukamoto, who defeated San Francisco’s Anna Sokiran and Alexa Meyer, 6-2.
Breisacher scored the first singles point for the Aggies by getting a straight-set win over Sokiran, 6-4, 6-0, but again the Dons came back with another No. 1 position win to temporarily lessen the gap between the team score.
Unfortunately for the home team, UC Davis prevented San Francisco from scoring any further as they went on to get the next two wins at No. 5 and No 6, which included UC Davis players Tsukamoto and Isabella von Ebbe, respectively. The latter of the two clinched the four-point win for her team after her three-set win over Alexa Meyer, 3-6, 6-4, 6-2, and thus leading the Aggies to a 4-1 win over the Dons.
The UC Davis women’s tennis team returns to action on Sunday as they welcome Saint Mary’s team at noon to the Marya Welch Tennis Center.
NCAA WOMEN’S TENNIS
UC Davis (7-1) at San Francisco (1-3)
Feb. 17, 2018 at San Francisco, Calif. (Olympic Club)
FINAL SCORE: UC Davis 4, San Francisco 1
1. Emily Maxfield/Mya Bui (USF) def. Kristy Jorgensen / Kelsie Bryant (UCD), 6-2
2. Lani-Rae Green / Kristina Breisacher (UCD) def. Shanna Dos Santos/Margarita Treyes (USF), 6-2
3. Nikita Pradeep / Sara Tsukamoto (UCD) def. Anna Sokiran/Alexa Meyer, 6-2
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3*
1. Emily Maxfield (USF) def. Kristy Jorgensen (UCD), 4-6, 6-2, ret (injured)
2. Kristina Breisacher (UCD) def. Anna Sokiran (USF), 6-4, 6-0
3. Lani-Rae Green (UCD) vs. Mya Bui (USF), 0-1, unfinished
4. Nikita Pradeep (UCD) vs. Shanna Dos Santos (USF), 4-6, 6-4, 1-1, unfinished
5. Sara Tsukamoto (UCD) def. Margarita Treyes (USF), 6-2, 6-4
6. Isabella von Ebbe (UCD) def. Alexa Meyer (USF), 3-6, 6-4, 6-2
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 5, 6*
CONNECT WITH WOMEN’S TENNIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
UC Davis Women's Tennis Facebook Page | UC Davis Women's Tennis Instagram Page
ABOUT UC DAVIS
Providing a small-town community feel while providing a world-class academic experience, UC Davis is home to more than 37,000 students and centrally located between San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and the Napa Valley.
Ranked among the top 10 public universities in the nation according to the Wall Street Journal and U.S. News and World Report, UC Davis offers nearly 100 graduate programs and more than 100 undergraduate majors across four colleges and six professional schools, including the world's top-ranked veterinary science and agriculture programs.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Tickets for all UC Davis sports are available by contacting the Athletics Ticket Office at (530) 752-AGS1, or by visiting us online at UCDavisAggies.com.
— #GoAgs —