SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. — The UC Davis women’s tennis team secured a 4-3 victory over conference team Cal Poly after freshman Shirley Hall clinched the fourth team point at the Mustang Tennis Courts on Sunday morning.
Cal Poly started the dual off strong by sealing the doubles point by winning the first two finished matches at the No. 1 and No. 3 positions.
It was not until singles play where the Aggies out-shined the Mustangs to win it all when it came to the last match of the day. Junior Isabella von Ebbe tied the match 1-1 after defeating Caroline Williams in straight-sets, 6-1, 6-3, while sophomore Nikita Pradeep followed through with a straight-set win of her own over Molly Reed to give the Aggies the team lead.
Cal Poly tied the game 2-2 after a singles win at the No. 1 position; however, senior Lani-Rae Green and Hall pushed through to score their team's third and fourth point, respectively, to secure the UC Davis victory over the Big West Conference school.
The UC Davis women’s tennis team returns to action next weekend as they welcome CSUN, another conference university, to the Marya Welch Tennis Center at noon.
NCAA WOMEN’S TENNIS
UC Davis (8-3) at Cal Poly (3-6)
Feb. 24, 2018 at San Luis Obispo, Calif. (Mustang Tennis Courts)
FINAL SCORE: UC Davis 4, Cal Poly 3
1. Molly Reed/Seriana Saltzen (SLO) def. Lani-Rae Green / Kristina Breisacher (UCD), 6-3
2. Kelsie Bryant / Isabella von Ebbe (UCD) vs. Abigail Bacharach/MacKenzie Worship (SLO), 5-5, unfinished
3. Caroline Williams/Grace Olyphant (SLO) def. Nikita Pradeep / Shirley Hall (UCD), 6-1
Order of Finish: 3, 1*
1. MacKenzie Worsnop def. Kristina Breisacher (UCD), 6-1, 6-4
2. Lani-Rae Green (UCD) def. Seriana Saltzen (SLO), 6-4, 4-6, 6-2
3. Nikita Pradeep (UCD) def. Molly Reed (SLO), 6-3, 6-0
4. Isabella von Ebbe (UCD) def. Caroline Williams (SLO), 6-1, 6-3
5. Grace Olyphant (SLO) def. Kelsie Bryant (UCD), 6-1, 7-6(3)
6. Shirley Hall (UCD) def. Celine Gruaz (SLO), 6-3, 4-6, 6-4
Order of Finish: 4, 3, 1, 5, 2, 6*
CONNECT WITH WOMEN’S TENNIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
UC Davis Women's Tennis Facebook Page | UC Davis Women's Tennis Instagram Page
ABOUT UC DAVIS
Providing a small-town community feel while providing a world-class academic experience, UC Davis is home to more than 37,000 students and centrally located between San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and the Napa Valley.
Ranked among the top 10 public universities in the nation according to the Wall Street Journal and U.S. News and World Report, UC Davis offers nearly 100 graduate programs and more than 100 undergraduate majors across four colleges and six professional schools, including the world's top-ranked veterinary science and agriculture programs.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Tickets for all UC Davis sports are available by contacting the Athletics Ticket Office at (530) 752-AGS1, or by visiting us online at UCDavisAggies.com.
— #GoAgs —
Aggies round out regular season with two matches
Women's tennis bested by
Long Beach State