DAVIS, Calif. - UC Davis is rolling this season, having already matched its win total from last year by earning its fourth shutout victory of the season Friday afternoon. With their 7-0 result, the Aggies won their fourth straight dual, improved to 10-3 on the season and bumped their home record to 6-1 this season.
Women’s tennis’ three-match homestand will continue on Saturday vs. Cal Poly, first serve at the Marya Welch Tennis Center will take place at 10 a.m. in an attempt to squeeze the match in before rainstorms hit Davis.
After winning the first two doubles matches — and collecting the first team point of the day in the process — UC Davis swept all six singles matches to end its afternoon with a clean sheet.
Five of those six singles matches were earned in straight-set fashion; after a slight hiccup in the first set of her contest, Lani-Rae Green stormed back to win the final two sets, capping the Aggies’ perfect afternoon in the process.
Also winning their respective singles matches were Kristy Jorgensen and Jessie Lee. By winning their doubles events, Kristina Breisacher, Nikita Pradeep and Isabella von Ebbe departed the Marya Welch Tennis Center with individual sweeps.
UC Davis will return to non-conference action, and end its weekend when Montana State visits campus on Sunday. After their current homestand concludes, five of the following six duals for the Aggies will take place on the road.
UC Davis 7, Montana 0
March 3, 2017
Davis, Calif. (Marya Welch Tennis Center)
1. SULZ, Hannah/ORFANOS, Catherine (UM) def. Jorgensen, Kristy/Bryant, Kelsie (UCD) 7-5
2. Breisacher, Kristina/von Ebbe, Isabella (UCD) def. PANIC, Milica/DUKIC, Lidia (UM) 6-2
3.Martino, Samantha/Pradeep, Nikita (UCD) def. KINCAID, Cam/JOANLANNE, Nathalie (UM) 6-2
1. Jorgensen, Kristy (UCD) def. SULZ, Hannah (UM) 6-3, 6-2
2. Green, Lani-Rae (UCD) def. DUKIC, Lidia (UM) 4-6, 6-4, 11-9
3. Breisacher, Kristina (UCD) def. ORFANOS, Catherine (UM) 6-1, 6-4
4. Lee, Jessie (UCD) def. JOANLANNE, Nathalie (UM) 6-3, 6-2
5. Pradeep, Nikita (UCD) def. CARBO, Anabel (UM) 6-4, 6-0
6. von Ebbe, Isabella (UCD) def. PANIC, Milica (UM) 6-2, 4-1, retired
UC Davis 10-3
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (6,5,1,3,4,2)
Aggies head to Cal for the first fall tournament
Aggies fill their fall schedule with three tournaments
Tennis 'Pro-Am' fundraiser scheduled for September
ITA honors Jorgensen, von Ebbe, women’s tennis program
Aggies shine on Big West All-Academic Teams
Four teams earn
NCAA Public Recognition Awards