GOLD RIVER, Calif. — The UC Davis women’s tennis team bumps their wins to nine for the 2018 dual season after shutting out conference school CSUN at the Sparetime Indoor Tennis Center on Saturday evening.
The Aggies swept the competition in doubles play to get the early 1-0 lead going into singles play. The first of the two match wins came from UC Davis duo Nikita Pradeep and Sara Tsukamoto after defeating CSUN’s Scout Shutter and Arpe Bagumyan, 6-0, while tandem Lani-Rae Green and Kristina Breisacher clinched the doubles point after receiving a 6-3 victory over Skyla Alcon and Mari Taslagyan at the No. 2 position.
UC Davis also found success in singles play as they went on to seal the first three match wins, and eventually their 4-0 final score over Big West conference rival. The first singles match victory came from Pradeep, who still remains undefeated in singles play for the 2018 season, garnered a straight-set win over Taslagyan, 6-0, 6-2. Following directly after with the second and third wins came from Tsukamoto and Jorgensen after defeating the Matadors’ Bagumyan and Alcon in straight sets, respectively.
The UC Davis women’s tennis team returns to action next weekend as they travel to Southern California to play fellow Big West Conference schools Long Beach State (Mar. 10) and UC Riverside (Mar. 11).
NCAA WOMEN’S TENNIS
UC Davis (9-3) hosts CSUN (1-5)
Mar. 3, 2018 at Gold River, Calif. (Sparetime Indoor Tennis Center)
FINAL SCORE: UC Davis 4, CSUN 0
1. Kristy Jorgensen / Kelsie Bryant (UCD) vs. Monik Van de Vondel/Alicia Dinkelmeyer (CSUN), 5-5, unfinished
2. Lani-Rae Green / Kristina Breisacher (UCD) def. Skyla Alcon/Mari Taslagyan (CSUN). 6-3
3. Nikita Pradeep / Sara Tsukamoto (UCD) def. Scout Shutter/Arpe Bagumyan (CSUN), 6-0
Order of Finish: 3, 2*
1. Kristy Jorgensen (UCD) def. Skyla Alcon (CSUN), 6-4, 6-3
2. Kristina Breisacher (UCD) vs. Monik Van de Vondel (CSUN), 4-6, 6-2, unfinished
3. Lani-Rae Green (UCD) vs. Alicia Dinkelmeyer (CSUN), 7-6(6), 1-5, unfinished
4. Nikita Pradeep (UCD) def. Mari Taslagyan (CSUN), 6-0, 6-2
5. Sara Tsukamoto (UCD) def. Arpe Bagumyan (CSUN), 6-2, 6-1
6. Isabella von Ebbe (UCD) vs. Scout Shutter (CSUN), 6-1, 5-1, unfinished
Order of Finish: 4. 5. 1*
CONNECT WITH WOMEN’S TENNIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
UC Davis Women's Tennis Facebook Page | UC Davis Women's Tennis Instagram Page
ABOUT UC DAVIS
Providing a small-town community feel while providing a world-class academic experience, UC Davis is home to more than 37,000 students and centrally located between San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and the Napa Valley.
Ranked among the top 10 public universities in the nation according to the Wall Street Journal and U.S. News and World Report, UC Davis offers nearly 100 graduate programs and more than 100 undergraduate majors across four colleges and six professional schools, including the world's top-ranked veterinary science and agriculture programs.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Tickets for all UC Davis sports are available by contacting the Athletics Ticket Office at (530) 752-AGS1, or by visiting us online at UCDavisAggies.com.
— #GoAgs —
Aggies round out regular season with two matches
Women's tennis bested by
Long Beach State